St. Vincent de Paul Society
Inspired by Gospel values, the Society of St. Vincent de Paul, a Catholic lay organization, leads women and men to join together to grow spiritually by offering person-to-person service to those who are needy and suffering.
The charitable works and services offered include:
- Limited material and financial assistance for short term critical need
- Referrals to the appropriate counseling agency or service
- Initiation and promotion of necessary services when the local community lacks adequate programs to deal with the causes or results of poverty
- Assisting persons in finding employment or adequate housing
- Self-help programs (self-help systems are represented by such operations as food co-ops, credit unions, repair co-ops, home services for the aged and shut-ins)
- Housing rehabilitation
- Legal services
- Adult education and the like
- Development of inexpensive recreational programs
Development of professional and household services at nominal cost for low income families (this type of neighborhood service could encompass a considerable range of specialists: plumbers, carpenters, nurses, lawyers, doctors, electricians, appliance repair personnel)
Nothing is overlooked if it can serve a need for the needy. If you know of someone with such a need please have them contact us at 724-493-8119. We meet every other week on Tuesday evening at 7:00 p.m., in the Parish Center. Should you have an interest to assist in any way with any amount of time, a little or a lot, please call or come and join us at the meeting.
IF YOU ARE IN NEED OF ASSISTANCE please call 724-493-8119. Please also fill out a budget sheet, by clicking here.